[CentOS] Getting ready for CentOS 5.4

Ross Walker rswwalker at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 23:50:02 UTC 2009

On Mar 25, 2009, at 8:13 PM, griz_quattro <griz_quattro at tx.rr.com>
wrote:

> Ross Walker wrote:
>>
>> <snip>
>>
>> To this end it would cetainly not be rude to ask these companies for
>> appropriately sized donations to make sure CentOS keeps going strong,
>> completely voluntary of course, anonymously if preferred, otherwise
>> they can be prominantly listed as a valued supporter.
>>

>> -Ross
>
> The companies that should donate are those that _want_ to.
> Funny how donations work.

People want to donate to organizations that help kids with MD, but
that doesn't stop Jerry Lewis from holding telefons.

People need to be reminded that these services are only available
through their kind contributions.

Also some organizations need an actual governing body to donate to, an
organization that is recognized as a non-profit institution by the
local government so they can get a tax deduction.

I am not talking about knocking on each user's door with a hand out,
but a few large contributors can really help shape the long-term
prospectus of a non-profit organization.

Look how organizations such as Fedora or Wikipedia get their funding.

-Ross