[CentOS] Getting ready for CentOS 5.4

Spiro Harvey spiro at knossos.net.nz
Thu Mar 26 22:38:06 UTC 2009

I've got a couple of cents change here...

On Thu, 26 Mar 2009 17:41:41 -0400
mbneto <mbneto at gmail.com> wrote:

> I do not have any sort of numbers of the popularity of CentOS but I
> suspect that we are very popular and in that sense a certain level of
> responsibility (to that community) is required.

"required"? How do you figure anything is *required* of volunteers?
Show me your support contract.

If you're worried that CentOS is "late" or is stopping you from
fulfilling your own contractual obligations, perhaps you should stop
being a tight-arse and pay for RedHat support.

When you pay nothing, you have no right to expect anything. Unless
they're your slaves, and I'm pretty sure that's not the case here.

> And as long as CentOS stays a relevant distro the pressure (not
> only from me) will continue to raise.

This is just rude.