[CentOS] Getting ready for CentOS 5.4

Rainer Duffner rainer at ultra-secure.de
Thu Mar 26 22:50:57 UTC 2009

Spiro Harvey schrieb:
> I've got a couple of cents change here...

While I do think some of the wording of the post that the above post was
replying to was a bit mis-chosen, I like to believe it had a positive spin.
(In that it didn't want to put blame on anybody)

I *do* agree with the sentiment that people should buy RHEL for stuff
they consider critical.
Or just change distro if they think they get a better deal elsewhere.

Which is what I normaly do, unless management decides they can get away
cheaper and in essence get RHEL + updates for free with CentOS.

The CentOS team certainly doesn't owe me CentOS 5.3 by now - in the same
way I can't really complain about a late (again) FreeBSD release.

Rainer