[CentOS] Installing on LVM on SW-RAID

Norberto Bensa

nbensa at gmail.com
Sat Mar 28 02:07:11 UTC 2009

Hello list,

I'm trying to install CentOS 5.2 on LVM on a SW-RAID level 1, but I'm
unable to understand how to use the installer correctly.

What I'm trying to do is emulate something I've already done with
another distro where:

sda5 \
           RAID1 --> /boot
sdb5 /

sda6 \
           RAID1 --> LVM --> /root, /home, /usr, /var... etc.
sdb6 /

I've succesfully created the raid, and the PV for LVM, but I can't
figure out how to create a VG inside the PV.

Is it possible using the installer, or should I better install it
using one disk, and once installed create the raid/pv/vg, and move
everything around by hand?

Many thanks in advance,
Norberto