[CentOS] LifeKeeper vs RH/CentOS Cluster

Kwan Lowe

kwan.lowe at gmail.com
Sun Mar 29 15:14:54 UTC 2009

Hello All:

I've configured a few instances of RedHat/CentOS clustering. For basic
services such as web, dns, and LDAP it seems to work well. My basic
configuration just uses the core services and a DRBD volume for the
shared storage.

We have some existing LifeKeeper clustered systems. I don't know much
about them except that they use a similar hearbeat/shared storage
solution.  Has anyone here used both and can mention some pros/cons of
each? In particular, is there anything that LifeKeeper provides that
cannot be replicated via the RedHat/CentOS solution?

Thanks all for any input.