[CentOS] Getting ready for CentOS 5.4

Robert Nichols rnicholsNOSPAM at comcast.net
Sun Mar 29 19:13:57 UTC 2009

Les Mikesell wrote:
> Michael A. Peters wrote:
>> Wow, I really must be out of the loop. New versions of RHEL every 4-6
>> months?
>>
>> Damn. I left Fedora because their release schedule was too frequent ...
>
> The Fedora releases change behavior wildly with each release.  The point
> of enterprise versions is that they maintain backwards compatibility
> even if they add some new features.

Yes, the RHEL releases are akin to the service packs of MS Windows.  You'll
get some new features and a few changes, but it'll still be the same basic
system.  Fedora releases are more like moving from Windows XP to Vista, or
more precisely, from a reasonably mature Windows XP to a Beta release of
Vista.

                 Do NOT delete it.