[CentOS] gdmgreeter and powersave

David Fitzgerald

David.Fitzgerald at millersville.edu
Mon Mar 30 22:51:21 UTC 2009

I have a bunch of workstations running CentOS 5.2.   When the gdmgreeter is displayed, the monitor never blanks or powers off even though I have DPMS enabled in xorg.conf.  When a user is logged in it works as expected.  I Googled around and saw some references to this happening, but have not found a solution.  Am I missing something obvious?  The display adapters are Radeon 2400X's and use the most recent drivers from ATI.  My users are students, and not very reliable in manually turning off the monitors when they are finished.    Can anyone help me with this?

Dave

David Fitzgerald
Department of Earth Sciences
Millersville University
Millersville, PA 17551

Phone: 717-871-2394

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
Bilbo Baggins, The Fellowship of the Ring