[CentOS] Another rpm question re %make

James B. Byrne byrnejb at harte-lyne.ca
Tue Mar 31 16:57:32 UTC 2009

Thanks for the pointers on cross building rpms.  I have downloaded
mock from epel and will take a look at that shortly.

For the moment however, I am working on a straight x86_64 build of
ruby-1.9.1-1 and I am running into this error:

checking for nroff... /usr/bin/nroff
creating config.h
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile
+ %make
/var/tmp/rpm-tmp.57843: line 58: fg: no job control

I cannot fathom what the foreground call is supposed to accomplish
or why it is happening.

Can anyone nudge me towards an online reference where I might
discover how to interpret this?

Canada  L8E 3C3