[CentOS] esata

James Pearson james-p at moving-picture.com
Fri May 1 13:33:04 UTC 2009

Jerry Geis wrote:
> I am trying to get esata working. my lspci is below.
>
> When I plug in the disk an turn it on - dmesg reports nothing.
> Is it supposed to report anything like a usb disk does?
>
> Is there a module to load?
>
> My motherboard is GA-MA78GM-US2H.

I've had problems with certain eSATA drives not being seen at all -
where as other types of eSATA drives work fine.

I guess if your eSATA drive also has a USB interface, then try that and
see if at least the drive can be seen. Although, just because a drive
can be seen over USB, doesn't mean that the drive will be seen over the
eSATA port ...

James Pearson