[CentOS] Server test suite

nate centos at linuxpowered.net
Fri May 1 16:32:54 UTC 2009

Russell Miller wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have an interest in software that will allow me to define test
> suites for servers.  We have several thousand Linux systems, and after
> we build or rebuild each one, we have a checklist.  I am trying to
> automate this checklist, and ideally have it run against all of our
> servers on a regular basis and report inconsistencies.
>
> Is anyone aware of open-source software that will do this, or do I
> need to write my own?

What kinds of things are on the checklist? Perhaps you can use something
like cfengine or puppet to do this. cfengine essentially runs a checklist
for me every hour on every system and enforces the rules I have set in
it(roughly 15,000 lines of configuration).

puppet seems to be the new hot thing though I've not had any time
or interest to look into it myself cfengine does everything I need.

nate