[CentOS] list of packages with dual licenses

Jim Perrin jperrin at gmail.com
Fri May 1 22:20:23 UTC 2009

On Fri, May 1, 2009 at 5:15 PM, Jerry Geis <geisj at pagestation.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> There are many packages in centos.
> Does there exist a "listing" of packages that have the dual licensing?
> By dual license I mean packages not just GPL licensing in a commercial
> setting.

Some are dual licensed, though none are dual gpl/commercial.

A little investigating on your part would be easy to do here. Simply
cd to your local mirror of packages, and use a little rpm magic from
--qf to output the licenses from each package. Then you can see for
yourself.

If you don't have a local mirror, the same thing can be accomplished
via repoquery on a remote repo. It'll just be slower.

George Orwell