[CentOS] eSATA controller that supports Centos 4.4

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Sat May 2 00:57:13 UTC 2009

Jean-Francois Leblond wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for SATA controller with a eSATA port that is supported by Centos 4.4 ( rhel 4.4)
>
> Do you have any suggestions for a eSATA controller with good Linux support ?
>
> How can I list the sata controllers supported by Centos 4.4 ?

RHEL4 update 4 was released in August 2006, and CentOS 4.4 is derived
from that..   You haven't run yum update since august 2006?!?   update 7
aka 4.7 was released on July 2008, and there have been 100s of patches
since then.

eSATA was still pretty new and relatively untested and undeveloped in
2006, I'd expect a current update to have somewhat more support.