[CentOS] apache slow on lan transfers?

Gordon McLellan gordonthree at gmail.com
Sat May 2 13:59:40 UTC 2009

Nate,

I think you've nailed it down for me... the trouble lies in the
client, and not the server.

Transferring from the Centos server to an Ubuntu client with wget
yielded 110 megabytes/sec over a gigabit ethernet link (pretty much
maxed out I'd think)

Found and installed a windows wget client so I could preform the same
test (using -O NUL) ... 4 megabytes/sec not mbps as originally
thought, but still pretty slow.  I noticed my CPU was maxed out, and
then found the antivirus process hogging all the time.  Killed the
antivirus and repeated the test, with a result of 86 megabytes/sec.

Thanks a lot for the help!
-Gordon