[CentOS] Postfix Questions

Indunil Jayasooriya indunil75 at gmail.com
Sun May 3 02:16:17 UTC 2009

On Sat, May 2, 2009 at 4:36 AM, Jason Todd Slack-Moehrle
<mailinglists at mailnewsrss.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am working on setting up Postfix and I have a few questions:
>
> 1. mynetworks =  Do I put my public static IP here? So I am hosting at
> another provider on my own dedicated hardware. Do I put that machines
> IP or the IP of my apartment where I want to access from? Second, do I
> have to know the Ip information for my BlackBerry to work as well?

put clients ip range there.

e.g

mynetworks = 192.168.0.0/24

then, clinets behind postfix mail server will be able to send mail via
postfix server.

> 2. relaying: Obviously I dont want to be an open relay, but I do what
> to send mail from my apartment and from my Blackberry.

as i said the above under mynetworks, Pls add those ip ranges. then, u r done.

Thank you
Indunil Jayasooriya