[CentOS] Apache and CF

Rick Barnes linux at sitevision.com
Tue May 5 15:57:49 UTC 2009

Jason Todd Slack-Moehrle wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have a CentoS 5.3 Xen Instance at Mosso.
>
> I need to run ColdFusion and I have in the past successfully made
> everything work, but not on Linux rather Windows.
>
> I just cannot get Apache and CF talking. I added mod_jrun22, When I
> try to serve a CF file, I am asked to download binary data. I
> added .cfm and .cfml to Directory Index for /var/www/html in
> httpd.conf and nothing still.
>
> I have been trying to get this working for days.

It is been awhile since I installed CF8. But after running the
installer, start CF8 with:
$ /etc/init.d/coldfusion_8 start

Be sure to install httpd-devel as the connector script needs apxs.

$ cd /opt/coldfusion8/runtime/bin
$ ./wsconfig -server coldfusion -ws Apache -bin /usr/sbin/httpd \
-script /etc/init.d/httpd -dir /etc/httpd/conf -coldfusion -v

This should install the connector and restart Apache for you (edit as
necessary). Then login to http://localhost/CFIDE/ to complete.

If apache doesn't restart dpe to permissions, it could be SElinux
$ chcon --reference=/usr/sbin/httpd \
/opt/coldfusion8/runtime/lib/wsconfig/1/mod_jrun22.so
usually fixes it for Enforcing. If not try Permissive.

Rick