[CentOS] Strange problem with filesystem changes reverting on reboot

jacob at aers.ca jacob at aers.ca
Wed May 6 17:40:11 UTC 2009

I've had similar issues with certain brands of "hardware" raid
controllers. It was like the mirror didn't sync and it picked a random
drive on boot to be the master. So changes happened they just didn't
happen to both drives and on reboot the other drive without the changes
might/would become master and everything would seem to have vanished.

I fixed it by disabling the hardware raid and going with a pure software
RAID 1.