[CentOS] OT: Photo Editor to reduce 272 photos to VGA at once

Bill Campbell centos at celestial.com
Thu May 7 19:00:42 UTC 2009

On Thu, May 07, 2009, John R Pierce wrote:
>Lanny Marcus wrote:
>> I returned from Bogotá and have a Folder with 272 photos that total
>> 419.9 MB. I would like to email them to several people who were there
>> for the concerts I attended. I have Picasa, gThumb (not really an
>> Editor but I believe it can reduce the quality of photos) and The GIMP
>> installed. Is there a way I can have a photo editor reduce all of them
>> to VGA size, without doing that 272 times? The people who will receive
>> them  are using M$ Windoze.  Also, they are in a folder and it doesn't
>> seem possible to attach a folder in gmail. A good way to zip them up
>> in one file that can be unzipped on Windoze boxes? TIA!
>>

>why not post them on a website like picasaweb.google.com (since you
>mentioned picasa) and then just email the URL ?

The ``convert'' program from ImageMagick will do pretty much
anything you want including scaling, conversion from one image
type to another, combining multiple images into PDF or fax/tif
files, etc.

It is far better to e-mail links to files on a web or ftp site
than to send the images directly.

Bill
Fax:            (206) 232-9186  Skype: jwccsllc (206) 855-5792

Unix is simple. It just takes a genius to understand its simplicity --
    Dennis Ritchie