[CentOS] {SOLVED} Re: OT: Photo Editor to reduce 272 photos to VGA at once

Lanny Marcus

Fri May 8 13:51:57 UTC 2009

> I returned from Bogotá and have a Folder with 272 photos that total
> 419.9 MB. I would like to email them to several people who were there
> for the concerts I attended. I have Picasa, gThumb (not really an
> Editor but I believe it can reduce the quality of photos) and The GIMP
<snip.
I used Google's Picasa last night, to put the photos  on
picasaweb.google.com as was suggested. The recommended upload size is
1600 pixels. The original files totaled 419.9 MB and the uploaded
files 99 MB. The version of Picasa I have on Linux is 2.7 and I did
not see the "Upload" button, so I copied the folder to the NTFS
partition and used Picasa 3 on M$ Windows.
I need to see if there is a newer version of Picasa for Linux..... I
wrote to the Webmaster and the Singer who has the Blog, that if they
need me to send any of the photos to them in email, for better
quality, I will, but in general, as everyone here mentioned, this
eliminated a lot of Bandwidth and the photos are online, for all of
the Forum members and for the Artist and his staff. Thanks to
everyone, for their ideas about ImageMagick and about posting online!