[CentOS] Hardening

Fri May 8 13:59:10 UTC 2009

On Fri, May 1, 2009 at 11:19 AM, Jason Todd Slack-Moehrle
<mailinglists at mailnewsrss.com> wrote:
> What tips does everyone have on hardening a CenOS Server that is
> running web, e-mail, ssh, ftp, mysql, coldfusion and will be
> processing payments from www?

I was out of town and I just read your post. I would strongly suggest
that you download the free manual about hardening RHEL 5,  in .pdf
form, from nsa.gov   As I recall, they do *NOT* recommend running more
than one service on a server, if possible. Among many other
recommendations. Search for "Guide to the Secure Configuration of Red
Hat Enterprise Linux 5", Revision 2, December 20, 2007. HTH