[CentOS] Calendar server

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Mon May 11 21:44:07 UTC 2009

on 5-11-2009 2:31 PM Max Hetrick spake the following:
> Scott Silva wrote:
>
>> Do you think you might want webmail also? If so, the Horde apps from the
>> extras repo will do it for you.
>
> Hi, Scott,
>
> I've been "evaluating" Zimbra for a bit now, as it seemed that
> configuration and set up of Horde was kind of complicating. I wasn't
> aware that it was in the repo, though, so perhaps I'll give it another shot.
>
> Are there any docs that you are aware of to getting it up and running
> using the RPMs?
>
> I know the Horde website has documentation on installing things, but
> they seem custom to installing it manually and compiling packages, etc.
> Honestly, their documentation seems lacking from a configuration stand
> point.
>
> Thanks for any input!
>
> Regards,
> Max
I actually used the tarball from the horde site. If you untar it under your
webroot, it is pretty easy. I have it authing through imp, which auths through
IMAP from my local users. It was a lot easier then the rpm's in the extra, but
you can't beat the ease of just "yum groupinstall "Horde Apps"