[CentOS] CentOS 5.2 nVidia GeForce 7300GS resolution problem

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Mon May 11 22:13:28 UTC 2009

JohnS wrote:
> KVM Switch? Drop down to "init 3". Bring up a shell window to do so.
> Reconfigure X. init 3 is runlevel 3.
>
> I had a machine with a nvidia card in it and added in a KVM Switch and
> then X would not even boot. Removed the kvm and no problems. So I had to
> reconfigure X to work with it.

Its been my general experience that many KVM switches don't handle the
VESA VDID stuff at all well, and whenever you reboot the system, you
have to be sure to have the monitor selected to that system until its
fully up, or the VGA BIOS and the system driver doesn't get the VDID
monitor detection at all correct.