[CentOS] High CPU usage by lftp

JohnS jses27 at gmail.com
Tue May 12 07:36:20 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-05-12 at 06:13 +0000, Rajagopal Swaminathan wrote:
> JohnS <jses27 at ...> writes:
>

> > May be a server issue. You may want to try another server. If you have a
> > local LAN try to wget a large file for comparing.
> >

> But from the same server, on a windows box with DAP such speeds are available
> with multiple files downloading. I want to switch them over to centos so it can
> be decently cron-nable job.
>
> The aggregate speed I have observed vary from 190kBytes/sec to peak of
> 230kBytes/sec -- On a Winbox -- with AV and other thrash running...
---
Check out you networking stack. Like NIC Card settings with ethtool and
your dns like namserver settings in resolve.conf. If it is getting an
address by dhcp sometimes it want pull in the actual real dns servers.
All will get is like a 192.168.0.x from the modem/router. Ifconfig ethX
will show you the amount of packets dropped also. Possibly a driver
issue with your nic? Could be many things you just have to go step by
step...