[CentOS] [Fwd: Re: How to generate a .template and .jigdo from an iso image?]

Marcelo M. Garcia

marcelo.maia.garcia at googlemail.com
Wed May 13 13:36:05 UTC 2009

Hi Ralph

I received this e-mail from Fedora Infrastructure list. My problem at
that moment was a proper syntax for the jigdo-file command.

Using the their script as reference, I made a simpler one to test the
command[1]. And it's working:
newt (Linux) $pwd; ls -l *.jigdo *.template
/users/newt2/mgarcia/iso/dvd
-rw-r--r-- 1 mgarcia slocate    214226 May 13 13:44
CentOS-5.3-i386-bin-DVD.jigdo
-rw-r--r-- 1 mgarcia slocate 196853099 May 13 13:44
CentOS-5.3-i386-bin-DVD.template
newt (Linux) $

I copy all the files in CentOS directory of the image to the directory
"/users/newt2/mgarcia/iso/os", so I could export as NFS.

I don't know if there is a better way to test, but what I did was to
create a centos.conf in /etc/httpd/conf.d[2]. Then in the machine called
prost, issued the command:
[root at prost ~]# jigdo-lite http://newt/centos/CentOS-5.3-i386-bin-DVD.jigdo

Jigsaw Download "lite"
Copyright (C) 2001-2005  |  jigdo@
Richard Atterer          |  atterer.net
(...)

Regards

mg.

[1]
*=====*
#!/bin/sh

ISO_DIR=/newt2/mgarcia/iso/dvd/CentOS-5.3-i386-bin-DVD.iso
ARCH=i386

jigdo-file make-template \
   --image=${ISO_DIR} \
   /users/newt2/mgarcia/iso/os \
   --label "Base-${ARCH}"="/users/newt2/mgarcia/iso/os" \
   --uri "Base-${ARCH}"="http://mirror.centos.org/centos-5/5/os/i386" \
   --force
*=====*

[2]
Alias /centos "/users/newt2/mgarcia/iso/dvd/"

<Directory "/users/newt2/mgarcia/iso/dvd/">
   Options None
   Order allow,deny
   Allow from all
</Directory>