[CentOS] if no NFS server clients are waiting..

James Pearson james-p at moving-picture.com
Thu May 14 13:11:02 UTC 2009

Johan Swensson wrote:
> Try with the soft option.

If the server is just rebooting, then don't use the "soft" option. In
fact, I would never use the soft option - see:
<http://nfs.sourceforge.net/nfs-howto/ar01s04.html#mount_options>

You probably want to use "hard,intr"

If the server is really offline for a period, then you can clear the
mount entry by using 'umount -l /mount/point' - see umount(1)

James Pearson