[CentOS] Dell 2950 with CentOS 5.3

Kian Sin Teo

teoks82 at gmail.com
Fri May 15 14:48:39 UTC 2009

Hi all,
Any one experience issue with Dell 2950 and CentOS 5.3,
I face some issue like this, server install alright. Keep it in production
for a while, Done an update one the server. Reboot , It said no boot devices
found. Check on the perc6/i controller the both harddisk show online and
optimal. Using live cd to check, the both harddisk still have the data.

My issue was solve by removing the hard disk, clear the raid configuration.
Put in the hard disk and reimport the configuration from the harddisk. The
server able to boot up properly.

any one know the cause of it, is it the Dell Hardware issue or it is an OS
related issue.

Regards
KS