[CentOS] Yum update gone bad...

Anthony Kamau akcentos at anroet.com
Sat May 16 09:09:44 UTC 2009

Here's some additional info to the problem:

I created a VM to watch it boot up so I could see what was happening
where.  Well, the first step where the scrolling text stops is as shown
below:

SELinux:  Disabled at runtime.
Type=1404 audit(1242405997.079:2): selinux=0 auid=4294967295
ses=4294967295

On my main server, nothing else appears here until I get the login
prompt.

On the VM I see right after the SELinux stuff above the following:

INIT: version 2.86 booting
      Welcome.....

So what would cause messages spewed by INIT not show up and also the
lack of the kernel selection screen and also kill output to the serial
console?

Tia,
tkb.