[CentOS] centos 5.2 install: mbr or no bootloader ?

jackson byers byersjab at gmail.com
Tue May 19 16:50:34 UTC 2009

Julian responded

> You need to select 'install bootloader' to the hard disk, and then advanced options,
> where you can tell it to install
> it to /boot instead of MBR.
> You should have created /boot in the partitioning stage.

> I assume you are using some other boot manager
> Julian Thomas

Thanks, Julian, that tells me what I missed.

FYI:
I am not using a /boot partition,  all of centos is  in  sdb5.

I am using grub, but it is installed into a small ~ 10 Mb  grub-only
partition sdb9.
That chainloads all my os's,
 centos(sdb5),
 fc5(sdb6),
 f10(sda1)   I havent been able to get f10 X working.

Jack