[CentOS] Random server reboot after update to CentOS 5.3

Peter Hopfgartner

peter.hopfgartner at r3-gis.com
Thu May 21 13:13:52 UTC 2009

Dear ML

We upgraded a Dell Poweredge PE 1950 Server the 8th of May. Since then
the server rebooted 3 times without external cause (it is located in a
server farm with redundant power supply etc.). Looking at the servers
monitoring infrastructure with Dell's own OpenManage tools, I  get
strange errors:

 [root at servernew ~]# omreport system esmlog

(....)

Severity      : Critical