[CentOS] Firefox 3, Sun jre1.6.0_12_x86_64 and enabling a plugin

James B. Byrne

byrnejb at harte-lyne.ca
Thu May 21 20:40:57 UTC 2009

SOMEbody on this list must have this combination working by now.

How does one enable the firefox jre plugin for Sun's x86_64
distribution?  Every site that I can find refers to making a link to
a now non-existent plugins directory under the jre installation
directory.  The official firefox plugin pages refers to the
existence of a Sun x86_64 jre but provides no details on how to
enable it.  The Sun site speaks only about installing i386 versions.
 Most other web sites that I have found are for distributions other
than CentOS.

Help?

Canada  L8E 3C3