[CentOS] Double packages

Jim Perrin jperrin at gmail.com
Fri May 22 11:13:50 UTC 2009

On Thu, May 21, 2009 at 2:06 PM, Eduardo Silvestre
<eduardo.silvestre at nfsi.pt> wrote:
> Hello Johan,
>
>  thanks but i know that. I just want keep im my system packages x86_64. Why yum return packages i386 when $basearch is x86_64?

In some cases you can get away with nuking all of them immediately
following install. This can be done with a simple 'yum remove *.i386'
followed by the exclude in yum.conf mentioned earlier. This will not
work in all cases because some 3rd party applications just flat out
require i386 packages to be used.

George Orwell