[CentOS] Gnome terminal oddity

James B. Byrne

byrnejb at harte-lyne.ca
Fri May 22 16:49:43 UTC 2009

I have the following gnome terminal profile settings:

    Backspace  = ASCII DEL
    Delete Key = Escape Sequence

If the logged in session in the terminal window is my own user id
then the delete key does nothing.  If however, I su -l in the same
terminal window then the delete key removes the character under the
cursor and left shifts the rest of the line.

I am fairly confident that the delete key worked in the same fashion
for my usual user id up until quite recently.  Does anyone know of
why or how this behaviour could differ between two separate users in
the same terminal window?

Canada  L8E 3C3