[CentOS] ntfs-3g question

MHR

mhullrich at gmail.com
Sat May 23 15:32:25 UTC 2009

This is probably a dumb question, but I've looked around and I can't
find anything on this.

I'm using ntfs-3g now, from rpmforge, to access my M$ Window$ disks
for offline backup and other such menial tasks, and I noticed that the
ntfs file systems are not mounted automatically, but I have to mount
them manually as ntfs-3g devices.

I _thought_ when I installed the whole dkms-fuse and fuse-ntfs-3g
packages from rpmforge that they would be more integrated into the
system (i.e., direct automount).  Is that just my erroneous
expectation, or did I miss something in the installation process?

Thanks.

mhr

PS: Still no resolution on the Canon problem.  Canon suggested I use a
card reader (which I mentioned having tried and failed in my question
to them).  LOVE that tech support for Linux....