[CentOS] Auto-installing security updates?

Sorin Srbu sorin.srbu at orgfarm.uu.se
Tue May 26 10:09:49 UTC 2009

Behalf
>Of JohnS
>Sent: Monday, May 25, 2009 6:35 PM
>To: CentOS mailing list
>Subject: Re: [CentOS] Auto-installing security updates?
>
>> Ok, so what would you guys suggest using on a laptop, if CentOS was not
an
>> option? I read in an earlier post where somebody suggested chosing distro
>> based on the hardware. Suppose this hardware is a Dell Latitude a few
years
>> old, with no built-in wifi, but rather either a Dlink DFE-680TXD or a
3com
>> 3CRWE154G72.
>---
>What do you mean a few years old? I have 2 Dell Latitude LS's that work
>work fine out of the box with CentOS 4.7 and 5.3. They barely meet the
>i686 cutoff date.

Not sure how old it is either. I got it from wife's work, as they were to
throw it away; "...not fast enough...". I salvaged it, and it seems to work
fine with Windows. It wasn't my intention to keep Windows on it though.
	Anyway, I'd say it's somewhere between 3-5 years old. It's a cheapo
plasticky Dell with an Intel P3/1600 and 256-512MB RAM, no built-in wifi,
which places it in approx 2005, give or take a few years up or down.
--
/Sorin