[CentOS] Random server reboot after update to CentOS 5.3

JohnS jses27 at gmail.com
Thu May 28 04:18:54 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-05-27 at 18:03 -0500, Dave Jones wrote:

> I am experiencing the same issue with random reboots after a 5.3
> upgrade.  Sometimes it will go for days without rebooting then today
> it has rebooted 6 times at random times.  I have modified grub.conf to
> will see what happens (or hopefully doesn't happen) the next few days.
>
> I have a 3.0 P4 CPU with HT that does not support 64-bit so it's
> running an i686 kernel.
---
 A P4 with HT...? This may not be your problem but I have several P4
CPUs with HT Enabled. Do you get messages in /var/log/messages/ about
your cpu temp is above thresh hold and that will throttle back cpu 0 or
1 constanlty? Also just currious are you using "p4-clockmod" driver? On
a reboot that had happened those were the messages I had in my logs.

JohnStanley