[CentOS] ntfs-3g question

Sat May 23 17:52:10 UTC 2009
Lanny Marcus <lmmailinglists at gmail.com>

On Sat, May 23, 2009 at 12:12 PM, Akemi Yagi <amyagi at gmail.com> wrote:

>> The only possible issue I saw was that after the upgrade to 5.3, it
>> didn't work. Possibly I needed to wait longer for it to kick in, or
>> reboot again. Akemi I think commented on that thread.
>
> The issue about NTFS and CentOS 5.3 is that the NTFS code is now
> broken upstream, which means centosplus kernels do not have ntfs
> enabled as of 5.3.  The details can be found here:
>
> http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=3363
>
> Those who were using the centosplus kernel to get ntfs working now
> need to use either (1) ntfs-3g by following
> http://wiki.centos.org/TipsAndTricks/NTFS or (2)  the kmod-ntfs
> package from ElRepo ( http://elrepo.org ) as detailed in the above bug
> tracker.

Akemi: I'm using the stock (32 bit) kernel. As I recall, after I
upgraded from CentOS 5.2 to 5.3 and I couldn't see the NTFS partition,
you wrote something about maybe I needed to wait longer for it to kick
in or reboot.  I don't recall exactly what you wrote. I reinstalled it
and it has been working perfectly for me since then. Probably I
followed the CenOS Wiki, to get it working again.  Lanny