[CentOS] NTFS and elrepo

Ron Loftin

reloftin at twcny.rr.com
Sun Nov 1 00:12:08 UTC 2009

I have here a box which I dual-boot between CentOS 5.4 and an older
version of that "other OS" that I'm using to check out the ELrepo
version of kmod-ntfs.  After installing as per the directions on the
ELrepo site, I can mount an NTFS filesystem, and when I type "mount"
with no options the output tells me that the target filesystem is
mounted read-write.  However, when I try to create a file on that
filesystem as root, I get a "Permission denied" error, which leads me to
think that I'm missing something here.  So far, Google has not been very
helpful here, so if anyone can shine some light on this, it would be
welcome.

Ron Loftin                      reloftin at twcny.rr.com

"God, root, what is difference ?"       Piter from UserFriendly