[CentOS] Bug in freeradius 1.1.3-1.5.el5_4 rpm

Ian Forde

ianforde at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 01:55:40 UTC 2009

I upgraded one of my servers to CentOS 5.4 today.  The freeradius
service (radiusd) didn't start up due to permissions errors.  I tracked
it to the permissions on the /etc/raddb/certs/ directory being set to
640 rather than 750, so the radius user couldn't enter the directory.
In the spec file from the source rpm, line 200 should read:

%attr(750,root,radiusd) %config (noreplace) /etc/raddb/certs

rather than the current:

%attr(640,root,radiusd) %config (noreplace) /etc/raddb/certs

Note that this bug also exists in the the 1.1.3-1.4.el5 version that's
part of the CentOS 5.4 release.  I'm not sure if it exists upstream
though, but there it is... ;)

  -I