[CentOS] CentOS Digest, Vol 57, Issue 31

Tim_Davis at cbca.com

Tue Nov 3 15:25:57 UTC 2009

Message: 27
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 21:13:26 -0400
From: Robert Spangler <mlists at zoominternet.net>
Subject: Re: [CentOS] Syslog do not work

On Friday 30 October 2009 16:34, Tim_Davis at cbca.com wrote:

>  The syslog is not working

Is it rumnning?  check it with

ps -ef | grep syslogd

>  and also I installed Webmin, also it does not
>  work,
>  this is what the error is "
>
>   Info     Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage "
>   icon

How are you logging into webmin?  url?

--

Regards
Robert

Linux User #296285
http://counter.li.org

Yes, it is running
[root at bart ~]# ps -ef | grep syslogd
root     28446     1  0 08:56 ?        00:00:00 syslogd -m0 -r
root     28481 28394  0 09:05 pts/1    00:00:00 grep syslogd
[root at bart ~]#

2. Logging in as below
http://IP_ADDRESS_OF_CENTOS_SERVER:10000

and this is the  :- netstat output
[root at bart ~]#  netstat -an |grep 10000
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:10000               0.0.0.0:*
LISTEN
udp        0      0 0.0.0.0:10000               0.0.0.0:*
[root at bart ~]# [root at bart ~]#

NOTICE: The information contained in this electronic message, and any attachments accompanying this transmission, may be legally privileged and/or confidential and protected health information. This information is intended only for the use of the individual(s) and/or entity identified above. The authorized recipient of this information is prohibited from disclosing this information to any other party unless required to do so by law or regulation and is required to protect the information after its stated need has been fulfilled.
If you are not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, printing, copying, forwarding, or distributing of this information is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately, by telephone or return fax/email, to advise of wrongful receipt and confirm your understanding of this Notice. Thank You.