[CentOS] smartmontools

m.roth at 5-cent.us

Tue Nov 3 15:38:41 UTC 2009

I'm in the process of rolling out the upgrade from (mostly) 5.3 to 5.4.
One of my servers started throwing the following:
Nov  1 05:22:51 <server> kernel:  target4:0:0: FAST-80 WIDE SCSI 160.0
MB/s DT (12.5 ns, offset 62)
Nov  1 05:22:51 <server> kernel:  target4:0:1: FAST-80 WIDE SCSI 160.0
MB/s DT (12.5 ns, offset 62)

into my logs every half hour. I don't see anything resembling an error
message. The only thing I noted while googling was everyone else spoke of
"...ns, offset 127", but I have no clue if that's relevant to anything.
The smartd.conf is the default. I'm not running the debug kernel.

Does anyone have any idea why it's doing this, and, if it's not important,
how to get it to stop cluttering my logs?

       mark