[CentOS] Zimbra help?

Neil Muller neil at neologix.net
Wed Nov 4 11:04:36 UTC 2009

On 04/11/2009, at 9:50 PM, Rainer Duffner wrote:

> Neil Muller schrieb:
>>
>> I run Zimbra (commercial) on Centos for my employers and there is no
>> problem running Zimbra on Centos or on getting support from Zimbra
>> for
>> Zimbra on Centos.  Where did this idea of "no support for  Zimbra on
>> Centos"  come from?
>>

> It comes from the fact that if a problem with Zimbra can be tracked
> down
> to a problem in RHEL, Zimbra will work with RedHat to get a fix.
> If the problem is in CentOS, you will have to work with this forum
> basically to get it fixed...

That's not exactly the same as saying that Zimbra is not supported on
Centos which is a much more sweeping statement.

> Depending on the size of your customer-base, it may make sense to
> spend
> those bucks for a yearly RHEL license....

Are you saying that there is a current problem with Zimbra on RHEL and
Centos and that this problem will only be fixed for RHEL? Won't a RHEL
fix eventually flow through in to Centos?

Neil