[CentOS] Spacewalk or Puppet?

nate centos at linuxpowered.net
Wed Nov 4 19:18:32 UTC 2009

Les Mikesell wrote:

> But will the tool do these changes for me?

The tool will do anything you tell it to, it's a generic tool.
You could define a class that runs a script to detect the network
settings, if it is forced to full duplex it would return true, which
would then trigger another command to run or config files to get
copied, if configs are copied after that it could execute another
command(perhaps snmpset to change the switch config or something).

> Sure, but after doing one right, clonezilla can give you a thousand just
> like it without caring how it got that way.  I agree it's ugly, but it
> also doesn't depend those underlying commands being repeatable or the OS
> that they ran on.

Yeah the biggest issue I have with images is hardware types, if
all your boxes are the same then it can be ok, but if you have
varying types of hardware it could get messy of course..

nate