[CentOS] Ruby Enterprise Edition

nate centos at linuxpowered.net
Wed Nov 4 22:56:09 UTC 2009

Stephen Nelson-Smith wrote:
> I find myself needing a newer Ruby than is in the distro.  I'm going
> to need to install this on a large number of machines, so packaging it
> would be ideal.
>
> REE seems the obvious candidate - unless other folk can recommend an
> alternative.

In the past I believe I used srpms from Fedora. I haven't had to use
Ruby in almost two years now (yay), so I'm not sure if it still holds
true now. I recall some issue with the latest Fedora where the rpm
file format changed or compression changed or something making it
slightly incompatible with CentOS, though not difficult to work
around.

I also seek out srpms from OpenSUSE as well on occasion if I can't
find them elsewhere, I think my nagios 3 SRPMs are from OpenSUSE

nate