[CentOS] vsFTP Question

John R. Dennison jrd at gerdesas.com
Thu Nov 5 19:50:50 UTC 2009

On Thu, Nov 05, 2009 at 03:44:55PM -0400, Victor Subervi wrote:
> Hi;
> Now that it's installed, how do I start it and add a user? I can hardly
> believe there is *no* documentation!

	"man service" to learn how to control services.

	"man chkconfig" to learn how to enable/disable services which
	run at system boot and also to list known service names.

	"man rpm", specifically the "query" and "query list" features to
	learn where a package keeps it's files.  For vsftpd this will
	point you to /usr/share/doc/vsftpd* where there is a good amount
	of documentation present.

	Taking the time to read the documentation and man pages provided
	by CentOS will save you considerable time in the future.

							John

--
"My other computer is your windows box." - Ralf Hildebrandt