[CentOS] Question - Xen host, DHCPD and guest VMs

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Fri Nov 6 17:31:22 UTC 2009

Scot P. Floess wrote on Fri, 6 Nov 2009 10:20:34 -0500 (EST):

> Hee - no.  I just joined the CentOS mailing list today...  I'll subscribe
> to that list and see...

You should find (in the archives of that list) a longer discussion between
me and Ross Walker (I think) about this problem (last year?). At that time
it was clearly a bug in the Xen network setup script that I fixed with a few
edits.
As I'm using mostly static addresses (dhcp was only used for experiments
with kickstarting installations that were to be discarded, anyway) I don't
know if the same problem still exists.
Another option might be to just forget about the Xen network script and do
your own bridging which should then workaround this problem as well. I did
that this year because of another problem with the Xen network script. There
should be a later discussion about how to do this from this year.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany