[CentOS] SMART errors

Blake Hudson blake at ispn.net
Fri Nov 6 19:04:31 UTC 2009

Smart attributes are categorized as age and others as pre-failure.
Anything that generates an 'error' is a sign of a problem, and may show
up under pre-fail.

I'd replace the drive if you need the server to be available. If
availability is not your goal, just keep decent backups and replace the
drive after it dies.

--Blake