[CentOS] Spacewalk or Puppet?

nate centos at linuxpowered.net
Fri Nov 6 23:05:50 UTC 2009

Les Mikesell wrote:
> Don't count on exceptions to last - or that linux is inherently better.
>    Windows 2003 server and later can be reliable enough to use, so the
> only real driving force to convert is the license cost and
> administration differences.

Yeah for me it doesn't really matter, if some company comes in and
buys us and says we're going to windows I'll say I'm going to
another company, lots of places interested in hiring people in
my position so nice to have the flexibility.

In fact now that I think about it, about 9 years ago I was at
a company and another IT guy who was more MS-based wanted to
migrate from NT4 to Win2k(the bulk of the stuff I was responsible
for was Linux/Solaris/HPUX/Tru64/AIX, though there was a touch
of NT4 too). I told him(and my boss) if you do I'm leaving(back
in my LDAP days wanting to use Samba as PDC). And they never
did, well not till after I left anyways. We still joke about
it to this day.

I don't have anything too much against windows myself I just
have no interest in using it. Not worth my time. Stopped using
it for the most part about 11 years ago, haven't had a need to
look back.

nate