[CentOS] Serious Privileges Problem: Second Post!

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 19:32:20 UTC 2009

Victor Subervi wrote:
> I moved /etc/selinux/config to /etc/selinux/config.BAK and created an
> empty folder to replace it. Then I rebooted the server.
>
> It's been a while, but now I remember what a dos file looks like in a
> unix environment. No, these files look like unix files (without the
> carets and crap).

I'm not sure what you remember but with most ways of displaying files there is
no visible different when a CRLF is present instead of just LF.  If there's a
difference in size that you can't see, and diff shows them as different, that's
almost certain it.

Vim might show a [dos] in the bottom line when you load it, and could fix it by
a :set fileformat unix and writing back.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com