[CentOS] Virtualization option at first install CentOS-5.4 x86_64

David McGuffey davidmcguffey at verizon.net
Sat Nov 7 23:41:35 UTC 2009

I've been doing a lot of research on virtualization (VMWare, EXSi, xen,
kvm, VirtualBox, etc.) and ended up choosing kvm.  I'm very surprised at
how quick I was able to bring up a WinXP VM.

I tried VMWare's EXSi 4.0 on bare metal, and failed.  Then I tried
VirtualBox on CentOS 5.3 and failed.  So I decided to download a fresh
CentOS 5.4 iso and see if kvm would work.  Since Red Hat has purchased
the developer of kvm, I figured y the time it showed up in 5.4 most of
the kinks would be worked out.

Go with kvm...that appears to be the future for RHEL and CentOS.

DaveM