[CentOS] Centos 5.4 with Rage

Steve Campbell campbell at cnpapers.com
Mon Nov 9 20:40:31 UTC 2009

Ron Loftin wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-11-09 at 14:44 -0500, Steve Campbell wrote:
>
>> nate wrote:

>>> You mean R300 ? Try installing using a serial console.
>>>
>>> nate
>>>

>> nate, thanks but...
>>
>> R300?
>>
>> Don't have or know what a serial monitor is also.
>>
>> I found a link to something on google that sort of suggests it's a
>> problem with the xorg.conf file and the monitor, not the video adapter.
>> I'll see if I can't get it resolved and report back.
>>

> If your only problem is that you can't get to buttons on the bottom of
> the screen, try "alt-left-mouse-button" to drag the window around on the
> screen to see the parts that are hidden.
>
>> steve

I think I fixed it. The problem seems to have been a problem with the
"Monitor" section not being created in the xorg.conf file during
installation due to it not being detected properly. I copied a section
from an older Centos 3 XF86Config file and it seemed to do just fine.

This problem has been around since 5.0, as far as I could determine

steve