[CentOS] finding a memory leak - committed memory SPIKES!

Alan McKay

alan.mckay at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 21:25:45 UTC 2009

Hey folks,

I've got a RHEL 4.3 system (one of the few I have not yet converted to
CentOS) that is running DB2 ... looks like 8.1

Just noticed that committed memory on my Munin graphs has been
steadily climbing on a constant curve - yikes!

There are 16G of physical ram and the commit is up to 80G now.
Fortunately this is evidently not being accessed because I am not
doing any swapping.

I've been googling for over an hour now - found lots of interesting
stuff to read up on, but not exactly what I'm looking for!

How do I find the memory leak?   What I"m really looking for is a list
of who has all that committed memory assigned to them?

thanks,
-Alan